Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Should But A Lottery Ticket

It's been that kind of day. :)

#1:

I checked my email this afternoon, and found a reply to an agent email query I just sent on Sunday evening. Expecting a rejection (hey, it was fast turnaround!), I found a request to read the entire manuscript. Woot! <---I don't know what that means, except to convey excitement.

I spent the next hour bouncing around my apartment, startling the cats, and hoping I had enough toner in my printer for the job.


#2:

My roommate, who has been actively seeking a new job, has a phone interview set up for tomorrow. She also received a call from another place with comparable pay to her current position, responding to a resume she sent them a while ago. I've got my fingers crossed for her.


#3:

My sister finally received the results from her Maryland Certification Exam. She passed, and is a licensed therapist! Yay, sis! More money for her, which is a great thing.

*happy sigh*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You had me at #1. I confess, I did not read the rest! I was so excited to hear that you can get that kind of good news via the mail.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Thanks, Andrea!

Tori O. said...

Congrats, Kelly!

Sounds like a banner day.

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

It was a terrific day all around, and the good luck is hanging on. A work-related customer issue was resolved today (one I'd worried about for a while), so that's another huge load off.

*goofy smile*

T. M. Hunter said...

#1: Congrats...but instead of spending all your toner, take an electronic copy off to a print shop (like Kinko's or whatnot). That's what I do when I print out copies for my betas to read through.

A little more expensive, but it keeps me from having to buy toner and paper, and from having to make sure the printer doesn't jam.

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

I hope Kinko's in cheaper than Staples, because it would have cost me thirty bucks to copy the manuscript. I can buy a laser toner cartridge for my Brother Laser for seventy and it's good for 6,000 pages.

I wish I worked in a place that had a good copier. Then I could do it for free. *evil smile*