Friday, May 18, 2007

"Momma took my eyebrows."

Anyone who saw last night's "Grey's Anatomy" should recognize the title of my post. Poor Cristina. No one deserves to have their eyebrows stolen on their almost-wedding day, and it gave way to one of the best lines of the show. The one best (I can't remember word for word) was delivered by Derek to Burke, about being the best man and sleeping with his wife in ten years. Dratted bad memory!

An otherwise stellar episode was, once again, ruined by yet another "I'm in love with you" declaration from Izzie. Is it me, or does her affection fluctuate by season? I mean, if we're to believe that the first fifty-odd episodes of this show cover one year, then in that amount of time, she's been in lust with Alex, in love with Denny, and now in love with George. That's pretty special. (<---please don't miss the sarcasm, it's dripping down the sides here)

Callie's request to have a baby was hilarious. I knew the wedding wouldn't happen, but I admit I was surprised that Burke called it off (for the right reasons, of course). I was just shocked that he left town like that (poor Cristina!). Alex once again deserves to be smacked for not asking Ava to stay (not that Jason London is a bad fall-back). I have adored their storyline, and hoped to see the actress stick around. She brought out Alex's human side.

Meredith needs to have her head removed from her keister. Why, oh why does that woman have to put all of her romantic hopes and dreams into the success of other people's relationships? It's annoying, and it makes her out to be queen bitch. Derek's "Let me off the hook" speech was heartbreaking, because she couldn't even respond to it. Other than to insist that she get Cristina down the aisle. As if making sure Cristina and Burke get married (two people who shouldn't be!) will somehow make everything right with the universe. *headdesk*

It's amusing that the narrator has become the least likeable character on the show (only one tier down from Izzie and her issues).

On another medical show front, I've been hit-and-miss the last two or three years with "E.R." It hasn't been the same show since Noah Wyle left, and I just can't see John Stamos as anyone but Uncle Jesse. But I've tuned in for the last handful of episodes (yay for Abby and Luka tying the knot!), mostly because I kept hearing that Goran Visjinc and Shane West wouldn't be back next year. And I love Stanley Tucci; his new character is a trip!

First, kudos for not killing anyone off. As soon as they mentioned a high alert level and Luka flying to Croatia, I had images of a fiery plane crash. So glad they didn't go that route. Abby needs some happiness. But the Literal Jaw-Drop Moment of the Year Award goes to Ray's hospital reveal. Oh. My. God. If you haven't seen it, I won't ruin it here, but wow. Did not expect that.

And is it sad that I was laughing while Neela was getting trampled by that fleeing mob? I dunno, I just don't like her right now. Maybe I have a natural inclination to dislike whichever female the hot guys are fighting over. Oh well.

How did the medical finales score?

Grey's: A- for emotional trauma
ER: B+ for shock value and Stanley Tucci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Mean spirited comments will be killed without prejudice.