Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer Movie Report - Part One

This is the first summer in a long time that has me excited to go to the movies. I mean, really excited. Too many, too little money; but I've promised myself I get to see most of them. Just 'cuz I don't want to wait for DVD release.



First in line: Iron Man. Awesome film. One of the best superhero movies that's come along in a while. I've loved Robert Downey, Jr. for quite some time, and he is one of those actors who truly gets better with age. He was amazing as Tony Stark. Hotness personified. I couldn't think of a better movie with which to start the summer season. Score: 9.5



Second so far: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Dang, the title is a mouthful. So is the convoluted plot. I love Indie. I love Spielberg. I am starting to hate George Lucas (I mean, look what he did to the Star Wars prequels!). So I'm going to blame Lucas for all the bad stuff in Crystal Skull. Like the collapsing-sucking pyramid thing that was a total rip-off of The Mummy remake. But hot damn, Shia LeBouf is now on my Hollywood Hottie list. His character, Mutt, was fantastic. Best part of the film, in my opinion. I'd watch him in his own spin-off film. Score: 7

No comments: