Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Concentration and PSA's

I know I've been a little quiet lately. Blame it on the feverish desire to finish the first draft of AS LIE THE DEAD (which I did, on Sunday), and with it, the insane schizophrenia that always attacks me when I finish a first draft. I tend to aimlessly wander the internet, read blogs, watch TV, and stare out the window, wondering where the hell my concentration went. It only lasts a day or two, until I figure out on what to refocus my poor brain while I let AS LIE sit and marinate for a while.

I think I know which project to tackle next, but now, here's a quick PSA.

Inspired by several other authors/blogs, including agency sib Jaye Wells and posts at the AW Watercooler, BUY BOOKS.

BUY BOOKS, PEOPLE.

I posted not long ago about supporting your favorite retail stores by buying something at full price. Now I'm also asking you to support the book industry by buying a couple of books at a brick and mortar bookstore. Just a seven-dollar paperback. With gas prices nearly cut in half since September, it can't be that hard to scrape together a few extra dollars.

SO GET THEE TO A BOOKSTORE.

What have you bought recently?

Here's my list:
One Foot in the Grave, Jeanine Frost
Hotter than Hell, anthology edited by Kim Harrison
Unleashing the Storm, Sydney Croft
Tempted, Megan Hart
The Iron Hunt, Marjorie M. Liu
Dead Until Dark, Charlaine Harris
Mysteria Lane (anthology that includes PC Cast and Gena Showalter)

No comments: