Monday, September 27, 2010

Several Things at Once

So a funny thing happened last week - I finished writing another novel. This one is kind of special, though, for several reasons. The first of which is that it's my twelfth completed novel (I know, it boggles my mind, too). The second reason is that I started writing this particular novel back in the spring of 2007, before the Dreg City series was even a glimmer of an idea. It was one of my "what am I going to write next" beginnings, and it's started/stopped several times over the last few years. The third reason it's special, though, is also why I've stuck with it these years - it's my first real YA attempt, and I like it a lot.

So at a healthy 70k words, the Untitled YA of 2007 is finally complete! It needs some work, of course, including the ironing out of world-building details. Stayed tune...

Also happening around the internets: I have a new interview up HERE. The very awesome Ray Wong (The Pacific Between) asked me to partake in his "I, the Author" interview series, and he asked some pretty cool questions about writing, my adventures in fanfic, and why I write "dark and twisty."

Two of my fellow Leaguers have releases tomorrow, so be sure to check them out! First is the mass-market release of JF Lewis's REVAMPED (Void City #2). Second is fellow Dell/Spectra author Carolyn Crane's DOUBLE CROSS (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2).

Copy edits for Another Kind of Dead have landed, so I'll be working on those this week, as well as crossing my fingers and turning Wrong Side of Dead (Dreg City 4) in to my editor.

And make sure you check out Suvudu.com later today for Chapter 2 of A Glimpse of Darkness, this one written by Harry Connolly!

2 comments:

June Kramin said...

Busy, busy! Keep it up! :D

Tyhitia Green said...

Wow. Awesome. You've been busy. ALTD is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. ;-)